ACTION CLEANING TOOL KIT
Bore Tech’s Action Cleaning Tool Kit is the industry’s most innovative and effective action cleaning tool specifically engineered for meticulous cleaning of a bolt action rifle’s chamber, locking lug recess and action. The patent pending, flexible molded rubber wipers perfectly conform to the action walls and simply use patches for a thorough and complete cleaning every time.
Please note Bolt Configuration/Diameter requirements in the Specification Tab to ensure a proper fit.
Bore Tech’s Patent Pending Action Cleaning Tool Kit is the industry’s most innovative and effective action cleaning tool specifically engineered for meticulous cleaning of a bolt action rifle’s chamber, locking lug recess and action.
The action and locking lug recess on a bolt action rifle has a tendency to collect brass shavings, powder residue, debris, bolt lug grease, and solvents. This accumulation of debris can cause operational malfunctions and increase wear on your bolt, bolt lugs, and action. In the past, these areas have been difficult to properly clean/dry and are often neglected. Not anymore!
Our exclusive, patent pending molded rubber wiper eliminates clumsy dental rolls and ineffective felts that fall off, barely clean, and pack full of fouling rending them useless. With the new Bolt Action Wiper simply spike a patch over the rubber wiper and observe how it perfectly conforms to the action walls providing a thorough and complete cleaning in a fraction of the time.
The Bolt Action Cleaning Tool features:
• 20” Polished Stainless Steel Rod that keeps the rod handle behind the stock. This prevents interference with a high cheek piece and keeps hands from hitting the rifle stock.
• Patent Pending, Solvent Resistant, Molded Rubber Wiper which effectively uses patches to clean the entire action and lug recess area of trapped debris/residue
• Polymer Rod Collar safely centers the rod in your action and prevents damage to delicate action components
• Medium Chamber Mop cleans any remaining solvent/debris in the chamber.
• 2½” Round Bore Tech X-Count Patches for use with the Patent Pending Molded Bolt Action Rubber Wiper to clear debris/residue from the action.
Why settle for anything less than perfection? Choose the best… Choose the Bore TechAction Cleaning Tool Kit.
Bore Tech - Redefining Gun Care
Proudly made in the USA
Action Cleaning Tool Kit
Bolt Configuration/Diameter Requirements:
The Bolt Action Cleaning Tool Kit fits most popular 2-Lug Centerfire Bolt Action Rifles with a 0.695”-0.700” bolt body diameter. Most Remington, Winchester, Ruger, Browning, Savage and Custom Actions have 0.695”-0.700” bolt body diameters.
For actions with 3-Lug Bolts and Smaller/Larger bolt body diameters such as Weatherby, Sako, Kimber, CZ, etc. the Universal Rubber Wiper and a Custom Diameter Collar are necessary and sold separately.
Packaging: Clear Screw Top Plastic Tube w/ Hang Hole
Dimensions: 27.5” x 1.75” x 1.75”
|Polished Stainless Steel Rod||Molded Rubber Bolt Action Wiper|
|Polymer Rod Collar||2½” Round X Count Cotton Patches|
|Cotton Chamber Mop||Screw Top Tube w/ Hang Hole|
Rod Length: 20”
Rod Diameter: 0.250”
Rod Thread Pitch: 8/32 Female Threads
Bore Tech Action Cleaning Tool Use Instructions
Begin using the Action Cleaning Tool after the barrel cleaning process is complete.
1) First, clean the chamber area with a correctly sized Bore Tech Chamber Mop. Dampen the mop with cleaner, insert into chamber and rotate to remove fouling. When inserting the rod into the action, be sure to slide the provided rod collar forward into the action, centering the rod.
2) Second, use a clean/dry mop to remove any reaming fouling and dry the chamber area.
3) Next, using the rubber Bolt Action Wiper spike a cotton patch dampened with Bore Tech C4 Carbon Remover onto the wiper’s tip. Carefully align the wiper with the action and insert the Action Cleaning Tool and Rod Collar into the action pushing the rod forward until the lug recess is reached.
4) Rotate the Action Cleaning Tool in the bolt lug recess while lightly pushing against the barrel face and pulling backwards against the action face. Repeat with a damp patch if necessary until clean.
TIP: Insert the wiper 1-2” into the action and mark the rod at 12 o’clock with a marker. Once finished cleaning and before pulling the wiper out of the lug recess area, rotate the handle so that the mark is showing at 12 o’clock. This perfectly aligns the wiper with the action for trouble-free removal.
5) Finally, using a clean patch repeat Step 4 until patch come out clean/dry.
6) Don’t forget to clean the bolt/bolt face with Bore Tech’s Blast Degreaser and a Gun Brush. Then apply our Extreme Grease HD to the back of the bolt lugs and shroud.
Q: Will the rubber wiper work in my action?
A: The included rubber wiper fits most popular 2-Lug Centerfire Bolt Action Rifles with 0.695”-0.700” bolt body diameter. For actions with 3-Lug Bolts and smaller/larger bolt body diameters such as Weatherby, Sako, Kimber, CZ, etc. we recommend purchasing the Universal Rubber Wiper here.
Q: Will the included Rod Collar work in my action?
A: The included Rod Collar fits most popular Bolt Action Rifles with 0.695”-0.700” bolt body diameter. For actions with smaller/larger bolt body diameters such as Weatherby, Sako, Kimber, CZ, etc. an additional Custom Rod Collar is available here.
Q: Will harsh chemicals harm the rubber wiper?
A: No, the rubber compound used for molding the wipers is extremely chemically resistant. However, we still recommend cleaning the wipers after use with water.
Q: What is the recommended patch size for my action?
A: 2½” Round Bore Tech X-Count Patches are recommend for the Bolt Action Wiper. 2¾” Round Bore Tech X-Count Patches are recommend for the Universal Wiper. If the Universal Wiper has been dramatically trimmed down in size, please reduce the patch size accordingly.
Q: Will the included Chamber Mop work in my chamber?
A: The included Medium Chamber Mop will fit 6mm/.243cal – 7.62/.308cal. For other cartridge sizes please see our Chamber Mops.