BLACK POWDER SOLVENT, 16oz
Bore Tech Black Powder Cleaner is a specially formulated, surfactant based cleaner designed for today’s muzzle loaders and inline black powder rifles. The proprietary formulation is a combination of ingredients that can simultaneously cut through heavy layers of powder residue, plastic, bullet lube and corrosive salts that accumulate during shooting.
Bore Tech Black Powder Cleaner is an innovative aqueous based cleaner that has proven to surpass the rigorous demands of the modern day muzzle loader/inline rifle black powder shooter. The cutting edge formulation contains high performance surfactants, naturally derived solvents and rust inhibitors that were strategically selected to offer unparalleled performance.
BLACK POWDER CLEANER QUICKLY REMOVES
|POWDER RESIDUE||BULLET LUBE|
|SABOT FOULING||CORROSIVE RESIDUE|
BLACK POWDER CLEANER IS 100%
|BARREL SAFE||NON HAZARDOUS||AMMONIA FREE|
|ODOR FREE||BIODEGRADABLE||USER FRIENDLY|
Muzzleloader/inline cleaning has finally transcended to the 21st century.
Are your rifles Bore Tech Black Powder clean?
Bore Tech - Redefining Gun Care
Proudly made in the USA
BLACK POWDER CLEANER
|Volume||16 fl oz|
|Bottle Type||Treated HDPE Plastic|
|Cap Type||Twist Open/Close Dispensing Cap w/ foam gasket seal|
|100% Barrel Safe|
|100 % Biodegradable|
|Contains No Ammonia|
|Short Term Rust Preventative|
Please see our convenient and easy to use Chemical Selection Guide by clicking the below image or going to the Knowledge Center.
Chemical Selection Guide
Bore Tech Black Powder Cleaner Use Instructions
1) Wet 3 to 4 Bore Tech X Count patches with Black Powder Cleaner and individually push through bore to remove loose fouling. Only push patches through the bore in ONE direction.
2) Next, make 10 to 15 passes with a tight fitting Bore Tech brush saturated with Black Powder Cleaner.
3) Then repeat Step 1 and let Black Powder Cleaner soak for 5 to 10 minutes. For badly fouled rifles, extended soak times may be needed.
4) Finally, push dry patches through the bore until they come out clean.
5) Repeat above steps if necessary.
6) Before storing firearm, dampen a patch with Black Powder Cleaner and push through bore. This will protect against rust/corrosion for up to 2 weeks under normal storage conditions.
7) For extended storage or in adverse conditions apply Bore Tech Friction Guard XP Gun Oil.
8) Before using firearm, always run a dry patch through the bore. This will remove any residue and ensure against obstructions.
Q: Is the Black Powder Cleaner oil based or water based?
A: The Black Powder Cleaner is an aqueous (water) based cleaner containing high performance surfactants, naturally derived solvents and rust inhibitors
Q: Does the Black Powder Cleaner neutralize the corrosive salts from black powder?
A: Yes, the Black Powder Cleaner is extremely effective and quickly neutralizes all corrosives common with black powder shooting.
Q: Is Black Powder Cleaner safe to leave soak in a barrel overnight?
A: Yes, the Black Powder Cleaner can be left to safely soak in barrels for an infinite time period.
Q: Does Black Powder Cleaner contain ammonia or any other barrel damaging components?
A: No, the Black Powder Cleaner is 100% barrel safe.
Q: Is the Black Powder Cleaner safe if it gets on my rifle stock?
A: The Black Powder Cleaner is safe on all polymer, fiberglass, laminated or polyurethaned wood. However, if the Black Powder Cleaner comes in contact with an oiled wooden stock, it might cause a blemish by removing the oil and require reapplication of sealing oil.
Q: Can Black Powder Cleaner be used on the outside of my rifle barrel?
A: Yes, the Black Powder Cleaner can be safely used on the outside of a rifle barrel to remove carbon fouling. Once finished cleaning be sure to wipe the cleaned area dry and apply Bore Tech Shield XP Rust Preventative.
Q: Can Black Powder Cleaner be used on nickel plating?
A: Yes, the Black Powder Cleaner can be used on nickel plating but cannot be left in contact for more than 3-5 minutes. Extended contact can lead to darkening or discoloration of the plating. Do not use on plating that has been damaged or worn.
Q: Can Black Powder Cleaner be used as a lubricant?
A: No, the Black Powder Cleaner is a cleaner not a lubricant.