Team USA Wins with Bore Tech
The dust has settled and the 2017 F-Class World Championship at the Connaught Range in Ottawa, ON, Canada is in the books. It was a tough competition with representation from 13 countries and 388 competitors. Seven countries sent teams to compete in the Richardson Trophy Match and the Team World Championship for FTR. Six other countries competed in the F-Open Team World Championship. Team USA shooters fought hard and came home with an impressive list of hardware.
F-Class matches are comprised of two divisions: F-TR which is shot with a .308 and bipod and F-Open which requires shooting off a rest with any caliber less than 8mm.
The most notable and exciting event was Team USA’s F-TR come from behind victory to take the Championship in the last few minutes of the 2 day competition.
The first day started with Team Australia taking an 11 point lead with Team Canada trailing by 6 points leaving Team USA in third. Team USA was able to make up a few points at 700m and shot even with the Australians at 800m leaving them 9 points down going into the final 900m stage.
While Team Australia chose to start shooting right away in what looked like easy conditions Team USA waited, hoping for better conditions. While the team anxiously awaited better conditions, they remained focused and ready. Luck was on their side and the conditions calmed but with only 12 minutes remaining to finish a string of 15 shots. Team USA shooter Derek Rodgers rose to the occasion and only dropped 2 points and gave Team USA a 6 point victory.
Their determination, perseverance and nerves of steel paid off. Both Team USA shooters and coaches to performed flawlessly making this a very memorable Worlds.
We are extremely proud of all the Team USA shooters and coaches for representing our great country at this event. Job well done! We look forward to seeing you in South Africa in 2021.
Bore Tech has been a proud sponsor of the US F-Class shooting team for over 15 years and has provided products such as our Proof-Positive Bore Stix, Proof-Positive Jags, Proof-Positive Nylon Brushes, Eliminator Bore Cleaner and more. Bob Bock an accomplished Team USA shooter puts it best, “Bore Tech products are proving that clean bores win matches.”
Team USA and Bore Tech are a proven, winning combination.
2017 F-Class World Championship Results
In the main (8 shooters) World Championship event, USA F-OPEN team came in third place.
- USA F-OPEN T138 MMXXO 3500v350
- BOCK,ROBERT,USA #617 MMOXO 440v51
- BARTHOLOME,LARRY,USA #615 MMOXO 439v49
- TRAPP,KEITH,VA,USA #509 MMXXO 430v27
- HILL,KEVIN,USA #627 MMXXO 437v48
- BRAMLEY,DAN,USA #618 MMXXO 433v39
- DRAGGOO,DWAYNE,USA #621 MMXXO 443v48
- WEIL,KEITH,USA #638 MMXXO 440v46
- DICKERMAN,KEN,USA #620 MMXXO 438v42
- JENSEN,RICK,USA #628 MMXXF
- WALKER,MARK,USA #637 MMXXO
- GALLAGHER,MICHELLE,USA #623 MFXXO
- TOMPKINS,MID,USA #635 MMOXO
- TOMPKINS,NANCY,USA #636 MFXXF
- AMBER,JOHN,MD,USA #302 MMOXO
- HARP,STEVE,USA #626 MMXXO
- SIGLER,JOHN,DEL,USA #494 MMOXO
In the Rutland Cup (4 shooters) event, two teams were allowed from each country, our USA BLUE team came in first place, while USA RED team came in third place.
- USA BLUE T153 MMXXO 1758v177
- MURPHY,JIM,USA #631 MMOXO 441v40
- SCULLY,PAT,USA #633 MMXXO 439v45
- GOSNELL,DAVID,USA #625 MMXXO 438v44
- SEBOLD,BOB,USA #634 MMXXO 440v48
- CARPENTER,DALE,USA #619 MMXXO
- ROSENTHAL,ALLAN,AZ,USA #484 MMXXO
- GOODY,RICHARD,USA #624 MMXXO
- USA RED T154 MMXXO 1754v185
- ADAMS,KENNY,USA #614 MMXXO 437v49
- BALOLIA,SHIRAZ,WA,USA #305 MMOXO 439v43
- LANEY,JAMES,USA #629 MMXXO 435v38
- CORTINA,ERIK,TX,USA #347 MMXXO 443v55
- FAY,TRUDIE,USA #622 MFXXF
- BIGGS,DANNY,USA #616 MMOXO
- LANGE,WALTER,USA #630 MMOXO
One great piece of news is that every member of the US contingent came home with a medal!
The Individual Aggregate event was won by Rod Davies of Australia. Twelve of the top twenty-five were USA shooters, which was an excellent achievement. Here are the top 25:
PRIZE POS. NAME [HPS 500v100] NO. ATTR
Gold Medal 1. DAVIES,ROD,AUSTRALIA #539 MMXXO 489v41
Silver Medal 2. SANDIE,PAUL,UK #582 MMXXO 485v38
Bronze Medal 3. POHL,ADAM,AUSTRALIA #546 MMXXO 482v38
Bronze Medal 4. MURPHY,JIM,USA #631 MMOXO 482v36
Bronze Medal 5. CORTINA,ERIK,TX,USA #347 MMXXO 480v46
Bronze Medal 6. THIBAULT,MARC,KAMLOOPS,BC #505 MMXAO 480v35
Bronze Medal 7. COCHRAN,JEFF,TX,USA #342 MMXXO 480v35
Bronze Medal 8. CARTER,PETER,AUSTRALIA #544 MMXXO 480v35
Bronze Medal 9. PRICE,BARRY,MUNSTER,ON #471 MMXAO 479v47
Bronze Medal 10. HENDRICKS,TOD,WA,USA #387 MMXXO 479v36
- BALOLIA,SHIRAZ,WA,USA #305 MMOXO 478v29
- SEBOLD,BOB,USA #634 MMXXO 477v43
- NUGENT,TIM,AUSTRALIA #542 MMXXO 477v39
- TRAPP,KEITH,VA,USA #509 MMXXO 477v38
- DALEY,JULIAN,AUSTRALIA #352 MMXXO 477v36
- BOCK,ROBERT,USA #617 MMOXO 477v35
- BIGGS,DANNY,USA #616 MMOXO 476v39
- LAITRE,JONATHAN,VAUDREUIL,QC #424 MMXAO 476v34
- FERRARI,FULVIO,FL,USA #367 MMXXO 476v33
- DRAGGOO,DWAYNE,USA #621 MMXXO 475v34
- FERRARA,BEN,AUSTRALIA #543 MMXXO 475v33
- LAZARUS,STEVE,AUSTRALIA #538 MMXXO 475v32
- TOWNSEND,MARTIN,UK #580 MMOXO 475v19
- LOBERT,MARTY,AUSTRALIA #540 MMXXO 474v41
- BARTHOLOME,LARRY,USA #615 MMOXO 474v34